Upcoming and past speaking engagements, workshops, and other events.
Bikablo® Basics 2-Day Visual Training
November 25, 2019 @ 9:00 am – November 26, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
We’re excited to bring bikablo® to Montreal for this exciting introductory 2-day-training focusing on learning the bikablo® visualization technique and its application in presentation, facilitation, recording and knowledge-sharing.
Whether you are a beginner or a more advanced visual facilitator, you will be welcome!
This workshop will be co-facilitated by Charles-Louis de Maere (bikablo® global trainer for Belgium, France, and Switzerland), and Jill Langer (bikablo® global trainer for Canada).
What to expect in the two-day training…
In the 2-day training, you will become familiar with the building blocks of the bikablo visualization technique (graphic elements, containers, people, and symbols) and combine them to create custom logos and simple diagrams. In this way, they develop the basic skills to create flip chart posters to communicate their own ideas. The two-day agenda covers:
- Holding the pen and drawing the line: How do I draw clean lines and structure my space on the flip chart?
- Graphics and text containers: How do I create simple arrows and connecting elements from basic geometric shapes in order to present related topics? Which text containers (e.g. speech bubbles) can be used to support which kinds of messages?
- Objects and symbols: How do I draw simple symbols to underline messages? What is essential, what can be left out?Using markers to draw lines on a large scale
- Figures: What easy ways does bikablo® provide to draw people, roles, groups and situations?
Color and space: What are simple and fast options to color elements and spaces in a quick and simple way that supports the graphic structure?
- Writing: How do I improve my handwriting on the flip chart to make it more legible and attractive?
- Live Capture: How to create a poster that captures the result of a group thinking process?
- Posters and Flipcharts: How do I combine the elements of the training (graphics, writing, symbols, figures, and color) to create to a flipchart or poster specific to my work that I can use immeadiately (welcome, agenda, instructions, group work)?
- All materials and supplies needed for the training.
- Bikablo® StarterSet: Every participant receives our official StarterSet including four visualization markers and two StarterBooklets that summarize the principles, content and techniques of the training on 64 pages.
- Photo documentation of the training and will be provided to participants in a digital format after the workshop to use as a training reference.
- A certificate confirming your participation in the training and a list of the content covered in the course.
- An invitation to join the bikablo® alumni online community where you can find further readings, links, tips on tools and materials, image sources and exchange opportunities.
- Chocolate pralines coming directly from Belgium, courtesy of Charles-Louis.
*The first 6 registrants will get a copy of the book “UZMO: Thinking With The Pen”.
This training is for you if, for example, …
- You are (still) convinced that you are not at all talented and still would like to learn how to visualize.
- You have little experience with visualization so far and are looking for an easy way to improve your flip charts or white boarding skills with containers, graphics, symbols, and simple figures to make them clearer, visually appealing, and engaging.