What brought me to write this post?
Friday morning, I went to the Agile Montreal online gathering and I noticed that some of my colleagues went through a really hard week. When the facilitator asked about which subjects we wanted to explore during the gathering, I suggested exploring ways to heal ourselves, by adding fun and laughing out loud to our daily routines.
I started by sharing what I do these days to have fun:
- Playing with my daughter, having her hanging on my back is one of our favourite ones.
- Running around the living room with my daughter, like if we were exercising at the gym.
- Practising a laughing exercise I learned from Joanne Stone at Coach Camp Canada called Ho ho ho Ha ha ha!
Then, I invited them to join me to Ho ho ho ha ha ha together, and we did it.
I learned that …
- Laughing out loud brings me joy and helps me feel better inside.
- When we laughed together, our faces lighted up and the room’s mood was positively changed.
- Offering me the gift of a laughter is having a beneficial impact on my daily mood.
My invitation is to have a good laugh and recharge your batteries
Here some reflections I have for you today:
- How often are you laughing out loud?
- How laughing out loud could help with you recharging your batteries?
- What’s holding you back to spend more time just laughing?
- Take a moment to check in how do you feel inside.
- Now, give yourself permission to practice one or even two of the laughing exercises mentioned above.
- Check in again, how do you feel now?
- Any improvements?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
No matter what happens, I strongly believe that we are incredibly better together!