Acting with integrity means to me …
- I will do what’s right specially when no one is watching.
- Stay truth to my values and to who I am.
- Listen with curiosity and being honest.
- Being the same person in public and in private.
- Keep my word, no matter what.
- Tell my own stories and avoid gaining credit using others stories.
- Have the courage to be myself.
- Honor my roots, my origins, my countries, mother tongue and family.
- Avoid taking advantage of any given situation.
A personal story
I grew up in a Venezuelan family from the capital Caracas, where integrity, honesty and respect where the most important values. My mom, ants and uncles tough me how to live through those values, by showing the example. I remember witnessing my mom resigning from a given job, she was a school teacher, just because one of her colleagues and best friends was treated with dishonesty and discrimination by her boss. That act, among many others, showed me the way to be who I am have been great reminders to keep me acting with integrity in every given circumstance.
What about you?
- What does integrity means to you? What is your personal story about integrity?
- How do you keep yourself acting with integrity daily?
- What do you do to act with integrity and stay truth to yourself, your tribe?
My invitation is to do what’s right even when no one is watching
Please take a deep breath, keep yourself and others around you safe, and remember that:
No matter what happens, I strongly believe that we are incredibly better together!