How asking questions keeps me from making assumptions?
I am extremely curious in life, almost everything around me triggers my curiosity. And there are times, when in face of uncertainty, a lack of clarity, or when fearing the unknown, I feel the need, a great temptation to use assumptions to cope with the side effects of the situation. Momentarily, I could feel some kind of:
- Inner peace
Then, my inner leader moves me to ask questions to:
I found this paragraph that describes what assumptions are:
Assumptions are nothing more than lies that we are telling ourselves. This creates a big drama for nothing, because we don’t really know if something is true or not. Don Miguel Ruiz
That makes me wonder..
- How many times have I told myself lies to deal with a given situation?
- What’s the need to create big drama for nothing?
- Why do I need to know if something is true or not? What if I let go instead?
What if …
- I spend more time on building patience?
- We experience uncertainty and fear with kindness?
- We learn from the stress caused by the unknown to create and ask questions?
- What would change if we take our courage to ask more often instead of assuming?
My invitation is to take your courage and ask questions
I personally thank you for reading this article, I celebrate your courage and resilience.
And now that you know a little more about me, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave and spreading love and take a moment to reflect about the following questions:
- What assumptions are you making today?
- How much suffering, time and effort would you avoid, just by having the courage to ask questions?
- What about treating fear and uncertainty with kindness and love?
- What assumption is holding you back?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!