What brought me to write this post?
For the past 2 months, I have been meeting weekly with a friend Agile coach with a single goal in mind: being there for one another. At the beginning, we started it as a mechanism to work together Lifting off an Agile team. With time, we adapted it into something more human centric than process and tools oriented, where we have created space to share our feelings, emotions, what’s holding us back and what’s inspiring us in life to do what we do, how we do it and how that is making us feel. Having to work and help people find ways to improve, could be complex at times. It requires a lot of self-awareness, self-control, active listening, empathy and compassion; skills that we help each other develop in turns through our weekly conversations.
Today, we practiced the art of holding the space open through silence during our weekly conversation. It wasn’t on purpose, it just happened; Have you ever experienced being silent for more than 20 seconds with someone else, keeping the focus on what is not being said, being fully present in the moment? Well, we were silent for about 2 minutes, and I can tell it was a great mechanism to reconnect with my inner leader by just:
That has made me wonder:
- How lucky am I?
- How much empowerment and confidence I could gain just by being my most authentic self?
- How wonderful is active listening and to be listened with intention?
What if …..
- I keep creating space to listen to self?
- I keep exploring and uncovering the inner leader I have inside? What would be possible?
- I continue growing by connecting with others, like my friend, who are tuned to a similar frequency like mine? Where would I be?
My invitation is to listen beyond words
Now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- How do you stay connected with your body, mind and spirit?
- What habits do you practice daily to listen beyond words?
- Look around you and ask yourself, who would be open to spend a moment of silence with that help you listen beyond words? What could be possible after that?
Please stay at home, take a deep breathe, try to relax, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!