What brought me to write this post?
Last Thursday during the team’s daily sync meeting, the team forgot completely about one team member, we just did. The day after, a given team member proposed itself to voluntarily go over the meeting’s list of participants, to ensure that nobody has been forgotten. The team agreed to give it a try on Friday, and we tried again today. During today’s meeting, I felt that as the team’s coach I needed to say something, like providing some feedback to the team member who was voluntarily going over the meeting’s participant list, but I didn’t do it. Even if I felt the meeting was too mechanic for my taste, too rigid and really close to a status report meeting, I stopped myself and let things flow.
Right after I asked my friend Simon Gignac for advice, and he told me something that completely changed the way I was looking at things:
Jesus, what if instead of providing this team member feedback about the daily sync meeting mechanics, you offer that person your help and support to do it at its best?
That suggestion, helped me to get through the day and experience at least 4 really inspiring conversations, where I did what in turn Simon did to me.
That makes me wonder:
- How many times have I got stuck into mechanics, processes and tools?
- How many possibilities’ arise when I see things from a different angle?
I realize that …
- I need to ask for help more often.
- When I follow my intuition, I could be a greater servant leader.
- There is power on seeing potential in others around you and help them achieve what they want to achieve.
My invitation is to do change the way you look at things
I personally thank you for reading this article, I celebrate your courage and resilience.
And now that you know a little more about me, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave and spreading love and take a moment to reflect about the following questions:
- How do you recognize you need help to bring new perspectives to a given situation?
- What do you do to change the way you look at things?
- What would be different if you see good intentions in others around you and help them achieve greatness?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!