How do I know things are Clear enough for me and others?
- It feels ok inside, like a sunny day.
- When collaborating, communicating with others I try to validate their understanding of my actions and for that I use drawings and graphical recording.
- I observe how others react to my requests and gauge if it is clear or unclear.
- I ask for feedback to improve at being more clear with my actions.
What about others around?
Today I was in a meeting with my fellow colleagues Agility Enablers and our boss and given it is our third meeting, we are still wondering how to collaborate together, there are new people in the group too, etc. I was expecting something to happen and given that for me the goal of this meeting and some role players are unclear, I got frustrated during the meeting and not at my best. I felt disconnected and not listened.
That has made me wonder:
- How many times have I provoked dysfunctional behaviour, just because I wasn’t totally clear about intentions, purpose, needs, way to proceed, expectations, you name it?
- How many times have I been unkind with myself and others around me by being unclear?
What if …..
- Instead of assuming that everything’s clear I ask others to say that?
- What would be different if I pay more attention and add some courage to take a step back to add clarity at what I do?
My invitation is to add clarity at whatever you do
Now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment and look around, staying curious and being brave.
- What tools do you use to be sure you are being clear with yourself and others ?
- What habits do you practice to nurture clarity and kindness?
Keep it up, and remember:
We are better together!