Working from home day count: 11
What brought me to write this post?
Today has been a wonderful day, plenty of joy, beautiful little moments, laughters, hugs, mutual appreciation, love and care. I felt extremely energized and alive the whole day and that got me curious enough to write this article and share it with you, dear reader.
What’s possible when I embrace joy by seizing the present moment?
I experienced several moments of joy during the day and it was easy to cease them by living in the present moment. I realize that I have changed the way I deal with life, here a couple of examples to illustrate what I am saying:
- Yesterday, my daughter was speaking out loud in the living room when getting her breakfast and I got annoyed because I was in the middle of a meeting and I felt she was interrupting me.
- Today, I took her little interventions as multiple opportunities for us to connect, hug each other, laugh together and connect.
- Yesterday, it was until the middle of the afternoon when my coach invited me to laugh together when I experienced the joy of laughing.
- Today, I have been smiling and laughing since the day started after kissing my wife and telling her how much love all about her.
- Yesterday, I felt I was lacking energy to go through the day.
- Today, my day started at 4.40 am with a new project and is still going at 10.39pm. I feel energized and plenty of joy to share, it feels warm inside.
- Today, my wife and I laughed and cried together when watching the movie “Hector and the search for happiness“.
- Today, we ended the day together, all three watching Lilo & Stitch with our daughter telling us ” I love you so much mommy and daddy”.
The common ground here is how I have ceased each moment today. What has shifted, has been the way I turned every situation into an opportunity to embrace joy with all my heart into it. What a wonderful feeling.
That has made me wonder:
- How many times have I felt irritated because of my lack of perspective?
- How many opportunities have I left on the table because I wasn’t embracing the journey?
What if …..
- I cease every single moment seeking to enjoy it?
- I keep having fun and laughing around?
- I embrace the journey and experience happiness everyday? What would be possible?
My invitation for you is experience happiness as a state of being
I have still a lot to learn and I feel grateful for that, so now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- How do you experience joy everyday?
- What makes you laugh out loud?
- What do you do to seize each moment?
- What are you avoiding today?
- What is holding you back from experiencing happiness as a state of being like you certainly did when you were a child?
Stay at home, take a break to relax, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!