What brought me to write this post?
I used to walk 10000 steps per day per week, before the pandemic started in Montreal. Given that I work downtown, it was easy to take the stairs and reach the Mount Royal viewpoint. The Mount Royal Parc offers you fresh air, white snow during winter, colorful foliage through fall and beautiful green trees during spring and summer. The energy that walking brings me is unique, it helps me air my body and soul, it turns thoughts into ideas, is my way to spend time with self, reconnecting and finding balance.
Since confinement started, my daily walks have shifted to short walks inside our house or within our backyard. The experience is way better now, because I walk with my daughter every single day, sometimes two or three times per day. We are doing more than just walking. Given that she is 5 years old we play, jump, run, breathe, explore, create and have fun together. We call it “Going to The Secret Passage” and when we say that phrase, we know exactly what is going to happen and where.
That makes me wonder:
- How many parents are having similar experiences today with their children?
- Why did it take me so long to spice up my walks?
I realize that …
- It is really simple to have joy in life and we just need little things to make it happen.
- How fortunate I am to experience parenting.
- I will keep enjoining these walks to our “Secret Passage” before she goes back to school.
My invitation is to do something that energizes your life daily
I personally thank you for reading this article, I celebrate your courage and resilience.
And now that you know a little more about me, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave and spreading love and take a moment to reflect about the following questions:
- What’s energizing your life today?
- What have you done to spice things up?
- Do you have a special place like ours too? What does it look like? Who is there with you?
- What would be different if you walk daily? What would change? Would you accept a challenge and start walking daily after reading this post ?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!