Purpose: Help with building the future generations of Agility Enablers in town.
Our Vision: We want to increase people’s happiness and reduce suffering at the workplace
Our Strategy: We get together once per month, tap to the collective intelligence of the Agile community to learn different perspectives, share experiences, tips and tricks to help us discover potential solutions to our daily problems.
- Help Scrum Masters and Agility Enablers elevate their game to the next level and do it together
- Provide a health check for newly and experienced ScrumMastering practitioners.
- Facilitated by experienced ScrumMasters and coaches, the clinic is a place to come to share your struggles, offer ideas, listen and learn, and become rejuvenated in your work.
The clinics are facilitated by two or more trainers, coaches and mentors from the Agile Montreal community.
“The ScrumMaster Clinic initiative began in London in July 2017 and has quickly spread to other cities around the world. To hold the spirit of the original London clinics the founders offer these seven principles, which, if embraced, will act as guiding agreements for any new clinic.” Tobias Mayer.
- The spirit of these clinics will be one of camaraderie, team creation and continuous improvement
The spirit of these clinics will be one of camaraderie, team creation and continuous improvement.
- The clinics will always be free, but voluntary donations can be collected to cover room costs and refreshments.
Each clinic will have more than one facilitator, to avoid creating a cult of personality, or any form of dependence.
- Facilitators are volunteers.
- Facilitators are more experienced than participants, or have particular knowledge or skills to share.
- Over time, regular attendees will begin to mentor new attendees.
- Over more time, regular mentors will become facilitators.
- Anyone can start their own ScrumMaster Clinic initiative whenever and wherever they like, and may or may not embrace these agreements.
- The ScrumMasters Clinics will be bilingual (English and French) without any preferences.
The Typical Format (It could change without notice)
Networking (10 minutes)
- Welcome message and logistics of the event (5 minutes)
A Liberating Structure activity to get connected (45 minutes) Quick Coaches/Facilitators introduction + Round Tables setup (5 minutes) Pick a topic and talk to/with the Coach – 1st Round (20 minutes) Pick a topic and talk to/with the Coach – 2nd Round (20 minutes)
- Agenda is adapted to the Scrum Master Stance the group is exploring at the moment.
- Closing the SMs Clinic (5 minutes)
What do we do to make it happen?
We directly contact 3 potential Coaches/facilitators willing to offer their time for free and join the upcoming meeting. We find a venue willing to offer the space for free.
- Participants donate their money to get tickets.
- We get everything set for the SMClinic of the corresponding month.
- We get together monthly for 1 hour and 30 minutes .
- We learn by sharing together.
- We try to have fun and change the world, one conversation at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What do we do with the money that’s being gathered from the donation type tickets?
- We make donations to Non for Profit organizations that are closer to our heart, as our way to expand our social impact.
- What if I am a Coach/Facilitator willing to participate: Do I need to prepare something for the clinic? What’s expected from me to do?
- Great question. You just need to relax, be yourself and join us the day of the SM Clinic #MTL. We expect you to have fun and enjoy being surrounded by great people willing to learn more about the ScrumMaster role. We also expect you to give 1.30 – 1.45 hours of your precious time to learn by sharing.