What brought me to write this post?
I have found myself having a hard time with letting things naturally flow. Specially when raising my daughter or when helping a team with self-organizing, following the nature of things and letting things flow demands tones of energy, dancing with the given situation, and a great deal of emotional intelligence. When I find myself drained out of energy, impatient and personally attacked, that’s my cue to take a break, step aside, breath and look for perspective. My wife is wonderful at giving me that. My mom too. Both of them have accumulated a lot of wisdom to deal with delicate situations in life and I don’t hesitate to ask them for help when I need it.
I have learned that …
- When I let things flow naturally everything is:
- I feel less anxious and lighter
- Simple, less complicated, I have time to take care of myself.
- I could get in the way of my daughter’s and my team’s lives and natural growing and evolution.
- I need to continue practising to letting go at controlling.
What If …
- I try harder to let things flow?
- I explore the hidden fear behind the need of control?
- We let things naturally flow to curiously see what happen next?
My invitation is to learn with the flow and keep trying
Here some reflections I have for you today:
- What habits do you practice letting things flow naturally?
- Look around and ask yourself, who am I holding back by trying to keep it under control?
- What change when you let things flow? How does it feel?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
No matter what happens, I strongly believe that we are incredibly better together!