What brought me to write this post?
My mom and I got our regular videoconference call this morning like we use to doing every week. She started by asking me how I was, and immediately saw I needed some mom’s love. Then, using her warm voice she told me something like this:
Hijo, en estos momentos no podemos ser los mejores en todo, tomate las cosas con calma y disfruta la vida poco a poco.
Which in English means:
Son, At this moment we cannot be the best at doing it all, so please take it easy and enjoy life, once step an at time.
Then, she started telling me about a guy who makes her laugh out loud, suggested me a movie that helped her with draining her emotions and invited me to watch it with my beloved wife tonight. And that was exactly what I needed today, the warmest, softest and sweetest voice in the world, my mom’s.
That makes me wonder:
- How fortunate am I to still have a mom, my mom?
- How sensitive and wise moms could be?
- What a wonderful gift to witness my wife becoming a great mom every day and having myself a great mom?
- How courageous moms are?
What if …
- I keep nurturing this beautiful and warm relationship with my mom?
- I keep learning from her brave and inspiring spirit? How my parenthood could benefit and get improved?
- We take a moment to celebrate moms and their existence?
- We love them as they are and spend more quality time with them?
My invitation is to celebrate moms and be grateful for their greatness
I personally thank you for reading this article, I celebrate your courage and resilience.
Now that you know a little more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around you, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- What’s something special that only your mom has done or does for you?
- What have you done to let her know you care and love her back?
- How do you do to celebrate, remember them?
- What could you learn from her?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!