Why is getting into the arena important to me?
- I love trying new things, it is a way of living my life.
- Learning by doing, nurtures one of my main values: Curiosity.
There is also a need for me to explore new domains that makes me feel alive, out of my comfort zone. When I get into the arena I feel:
- at choice
- that I am discovering new concepts, embracing new ideas that would help me expand and make me multidimensional.
- It is also great way to put myself at risk, vulnerable, exposed
- It is one of the greatest mechanisms to receive feedback and accelerate learning.
I learned that …
- Not everybody gets into the arena like I do, and that’s OK.
- It requires courage, self confidence and willingness to put myself out there.
- Offering and receiving feedback is a gift only reserved to those who get themselves into the arena too.
- I will continue trying new things, to keep growing and expanding as a human being.
- Before offering feedback to others, I would take a step back and think it through.
My invitation is to get yourself into the arena
Here some reflections I have for you today:
- How many times have you criticized others from the comfort of your chair?
- What do you do to get into the arena and get your ass kicked?
- What is holding you back to?
- What would change if instead of talking from the grades, get yourself a baseball glove to start playing ball with the ones on the field?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
No matter what happens, I strongly believe that we are incredibly better together!