What brought me to write this post?
Sometimes when helping teams and organizations find ways to work better together, could be messy, stressing, disappointing.
As Agility Enabler, my role is to
Create the proper conditions for a given team/department/group, to succeed at delivering high quality products/services to delighted customers, around motivated people, who enjoy learning with and from their colleagues, embrace responding to change as part of their daily journey, value interacting with people, are disciplined and humble enough to collaborate with others like them.
To do that, I start by building a human connection with team members, and from there, I try to help them find ways to make their work visible, lean, simpler, fluid, faster and pleasant and help them self organize through team work. At a given point of our journey together, our relationship could lead us to get really close, so close that I just see trees instead of a forest. It is right there, when things start getting messy, complicated and I lose side of regular situations that could emerge, I am unable to bring perspective or light to the tunnel the team is rallying into, I am simple too close.
That makes me wonder…
- How to keep the balance between a strong human relationship and perspective?
- What could be keeping me from seeing the forest at a given point?
- How much stress have I felt when this type of situations arise?
- How many Agility Enablers have already experienced something like this and don’t know how to deal with it?
What if …
- I take a step back to look? What would change?
- We identify 2 or 3 signals that would help us know we need to take a step back?
- When we feel the need to response, we take a deep breath and simple pause until the next day. What would be different?
My invitation is to take step back and look again
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
No matter what happen, I strongly believe that we are incredibly better together!