How to set up working agreements to collaborate online?
Table of Contents
Tips, ideas and suggestions
- Start by proposing a list of working agreements like:
- Mute your microphone once we start a meeting.
- Keep your video camera on all along the meeting if possible.
- The team’s back chat channel to discuss during and after the meeting would be “name of the back chat channel”.
- Please avoid having more than one conversation at a time.
- Listen to each other.
- Follow your facilitator instructions.
- Use E.L.M.O (Enough Let’s Move On) for indicate to your facilitator that you would like to move on to the next subject.
- Give it a try in a meeting and before the end of the meeting, take time with the team to add or remove items to the list.
- Keep them always at hand for the team
- You could turn it into a document and pin it to a Tab in your pervasive chat channel
- Agile Pain Relief Consulting, Scrum by Example – team friction inspires working agreements
- Bevan Williams, An exercise for creating a team Working Agreement
- Lane-sawyer, Team Working Agreements: The Why, What, and How