How do I nurture my desires?
- Everyday I read a new chapter of the book I’m reading at the moment (Co-Active Coaching 4th Edition)
- Friday’s are learning and nurturing days (read, eat, go to the cinema, rest, meet someone else)
- I keep reflecting about the impact my actions have on self and others around me.
What about others around?
Today I had a conversation with a dear colleague at work, who fears a potential future that is completely based on assumptions and bad past experiences from a totally different context that doesn’t exist anymore. In fact, we agreed upon the fact that there hasn’t been any acts that might lead into that direction. Having said that, my colleague is still afraid and is fearing what could happen at any moment.
That has made me wonder:
- How many times have I empowered my fears to diminish my deepest desires, just because I have had bad experiences in the past?
- What have I missed by letting my fear of losing control for example stop me from riding a roller coaster with my wife seated beside me?
What if …..
- Instead of nurturing my fear of losing control, I nurture my desire of having fun everyday ?
- What would be different if I give a try to new possibilities?
My invitation is to nurture your desires
Now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment and look around, staying curious and being brave.
- How do you know what your desires and fears are in life?
- What rituals do you follow to nurture your desire?
Keep it up, and remember we are better together!