This is the story of how effective collaboration, a common worflow that’s visible to everyone, active listening, clear goals, patience and a lot of courage can revive hope over a passionate group of people.
iWeb is one of Canada’s first internet infrastructure providers. For more details click here.
- People involved: between 30 to 40
- Years practicing agile methodologies: 8+
(1) Transform a system engineers team into a platform unit, given a constrained context (no vision, no goals, limited amount of people but a tone of work to do, low moral, absence of follow up, people with different backgrounds ans different skills).
(2) Help the Engineering department within a company that is part of another company, to survive, thrive and prevail; and that implies:
- Help leaders improve communication and collaborate effectively.
- Help Product Management improve the Product life Cycle to be able to deliver and get things done.
- Help leaders with prioritization and decision making.
- Help leaders find ways to keep initiatives visible and shared with the whole team.
- Help the departament get things done faster but efficiently.
- Help leaders with finding mechanisms to keep people happy and motivated.
- Find ways to keep the right people at the right place.
- Identify areas of improvement and help with creating processes to get everyone in the same page.
- Enable change across the board.
- Find change enablers to create momentum and motivate people.
- Spread love and tones of smiles!
How I’ve Helped:
- Created some awareness at the team and interteam level.
- Made visible work in progress at the strategic level.
- Help people in the Cloud Team feel valued at what they were doing