Working from home day count: 16
Current Work Context: Coaching a 12 people new IT Digital Workplace department . One team, three different domains of expertise, all working remotely from home. The whole company is working from home too.
What brought me to write this post?
At the beginning of the week, I got in a meeting with a Team Coach that I Am working with, to collaborate towards helping two teams work together. It was Monday morning, and I couldn’t help to see that something was off with him. Everything started after I asked him, how did he feel things were going since our past week meeting? I felt something wasn’t right on his side. In one side, he was telling me that both teams were moving into the right direction after putting into place the actions we both suggested together, and that he felt happy about that. In the other side, his face wasn’t showing that “happiness”, I felt he was kind of accepting the situation without letting the past context go, like if he were attached to a reality that’ doesn’t exist anymore.
That has made me wonder:
- How many times have I been tied to a given context that doesn’t exist anymore?
- How much suffering, pain, deception have I endured by being unable to accept a new reality?
- How hard it could be to be resilient in life?
- What opportunities am I missing by living in the past?
What if …
- I let the past go more often?
- I take a step back to reflect about what could be possible if I accept the new reality?
- I help others see that this “today” is the new normal, at least for now?
- I accept the new reality and embrace what comes with it? even if it makes me feel afraid.
My invitation is to let go the past and accept the new normal
Now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave, spreading love and reflect about the following questions:
- What context are you living in at this moment?
- What do you do to let go of the past and adapt to a new reality?
- What opportunities are you missing by not building resilience? What’s different when you accept a new reality?
Please stay at home, take a deep breathe, try to relax, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!