What brought me to write this post?
6 weeks has passed, since me and my family started our voluntary confinement, to avoid spreading Covid-19. The same amount of time, since my main client asked its employees to work from home. I have seen in action, our capacity as human beings to adapt to a given changing context. In my opinion, people have adapted extremely fast to the situation they live in, and it is just now that some of the consequences of these massive shifts in habits are revealing themselves.
Here is what I have observed so far:
- The original excitement about working from home is now gone.
- People are starting to experience fatigue.
- There are signs of raising conflicts between team members, for things that would never cause issues before.
- People’s well being has become extremely important
- It seems to be more difficult to stay focused
- Priority management seems to be extremely complex
- People are over performing to deal with the fear caused by so many job losses
- Family + Work + pleasure is the new normal
That makes me realize that …
- Thursday has become the day of the week I need to take a break to rest, renew and refresh myself.
- Once I am rested, I can tap into my curiosity more often and then be able to enable and expand limitless.
- It is more important than ever to take care of my health, to be able to help my family and support others growing.
My invitation is to listen to your body, spirit and mind then rest, renew and recharge.
I personally thank you for reading this article, I celebrate your courage and resilience.
And now that you know a little more about me, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave and spreading love and take a moment to reflect about the following questions:
- What part of your body needs attention?
- Which day of the week have you set to rest, renew and recharge?
- How do you know you need to rest? How often do you tap into your emotional state?
- What’s different when you rest?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!