How do I share and demonstrate that I care about something?
- I use words to tell how much I care about something.
- It brings me joy to write articles, speak at events and enable conversations around subjects that I care about.
- I use drawings and graphical recording, to share my thoughts and summarize others ideas.
- I take time to listen to myself and others as a way to demonstrate I care.
- I share my passions mainly via linkedin.com and by adding relevant content to my website.
- I ask others to verify my work, as a way to share and improve at what I do.
- I love sharing delicious meals with family, friends and colleagues.
What about others around?
Yesterday, I did some configuration to merge two product backlogs into a new one, to help a new team that we are building at a client, and I did something that I haven’t done with this new team so far. I asked for a volunteer to review my work and then something magical happened: the person immediately bloomed and helped me improve my work and another one joined the conversation to continue elevating what I did and it tooks us let’s than 5 minutes. That’s the power of sharing
That has made me wonder:
- How many times have I kept things to myself because I felt scared about others’ judgments?
- How much creativity and innovation I have left out, just by keeping things to self?
What if …..
- I consciously share what I do with others?
- What would be different if I make sharing one of my main values in life?
My invitation is to expend time sharing
Now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment and look around, staying curious and being brave.
- What mechanisms do you use to share what you do with the world?
- What is stopping you to share, learn from it, love and be loved in return?
Keep it up, and remember:
We are better together!