How do I take care of my body in the COVID-19 era?
Among many changes, paying good care of my mind, soul and body has been the most important one. Here a list of the habits I have added to my daily routine, since March 12, 2020 when we voluntarily started confinement at home to prevent propagating COVID-19:
- Walk between 6000 and 8000 steps everyday, including weekends.
- Drink 2 liters of water per day (trying to keep it up)
- A family stretching session using Yoga movements, at least once per day.
- Standing up when working in front of my computer, at least a half of the time spent working.
- Just Dance family sessions, to move our bodies and have some fun listening to great music.
- Reduce dessert portions from 4 to 1 maximum daily.
- At least one 30 minutes fast walking session per week.
- Add 1 or 2 hours of good sleep to the 6.5 hours I had before.
How does that help?
Working at home and being in front of a camera and a mic between 5 to 6 hours per day, is extremely demanding. It requires a healthy and strong body, that has enough endorphins to keep my mind and soul up and running, that’s why being aware and paying good care of my body helps me a lot with feeling OK and have enough energy to carry on with the day, keep me inspired and motivated to be at my best.
What needs improvement?
- Fast walking sessions per week. Add one or two additional sessions per week.
- Drink more water daily. Add an additional liter could be at help
- Desserts per day. Reduce it to 1 or none per day.
- Dancing and laughing. Dance and laugh out loud more often.
My invitation is to listen to your body and take good care of it
I personally thank you for reading this article and I celebrate your courage and resilience all along this pandemic.
Now that you know a little more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around you, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- What habits have you changed/adapted/added/removed to take care of your body since COVID-19 started in your city?
- What do you do to heal your body?
- What’s your body telling you at this exact moment?
- What has your body taught you? What does it need?
Please keep saving lives by staying at home, take care of yourself and others around you. Remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!