Working from home day count: 8
Current Work Context: Coaching an IT Digital Workplace department of 11 people. One team, all working remotely from home. The whole company is currently working from home.
What brought me to write this post?
When I woke up this morning, I was feeling extremely tired after a full week working full time from home. I was able to recognize and though it might be something that others like you could be experiencing too.
How important is to hear what your body, spirit and mind is telling you?
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, working from home has been an interesting, rich and intense experience so far. Several habits have changed, like the amount of exercise and movement I do per day has decreased, I am sleeping more than before, I am stretching more often than before, drinking more water and paying particular attention to the quantity and type of food I consume during the day.
Today, body spirit and mind were aligned, and they were told to pause and take a break out of the office. So for the first time in a while I listened to my inner voice, and I did what my inner voice told me to do “Spend time with the family and stay away from work, you need it”. Let me tell you that I will listen more often, because now I feel rejuvenated.
That has made me wonder:
- How many times have I avoided listening to my inner voice?
- How much frustration have I brought to meetings I have facilitated just because I was simply needing to take a break?
- What a great feeling in life is to be rested, calm, relax, in shape?
What if …..
- I pause more often? How would it be?
- I listen to my inner voice and let my body, spirit and mind guide my actions?
- I accept that I have done enough and I take a good deep breath of air? How things would be? What would it feel like?
My invitation for you to say No to the good, to say yes to the best
I have still a lot to learn and I feel grateful for that, so now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- How do you know when you need a break?
- What habits do you follow to stay connected to your soul, mind and body?
- What is blocking you from taking a break right now?
- What is holding you back from relaxing and spending quality time with the most important person in life, yourself and your loved ones?
Stay at home, take a break to relax, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!