Working from home week counter: 5 weeks + 1 day
Current Work Context: Coaching an IT Digital Workplace 12 people team. The whole company is working from home too.
What brought me to write this post?
For the past 5 months, I have been observing how the team’s leader behaves, acts, decides, communicates and connects with its employees and it has been a blessing. Here some attributes that stood out from his leadership style:
- Trusts every team member’s professionalism
- Shows respect to everyone by being honest and straight to the point
- Provokes crucial conversations
- Apologizes when he steps out of the line
- Inspires the team to bring everyone’s A game
- Make decisions on time
- Understands team’s dynamics
- Masters the business
- Speaks people’s language
- Spend time to connect with its people
- Brings fun and laughter
- Shows vulnerability
- Keeps the game calmed
- Believes we are the best of the best
- Avoids bullshitting people
- Trusts himself
- It’s confident, asks ans offers help
- Easy to work with
- Has a clear vision
- Is a great communicator and negotiator
- Says no without feeling guilty
- Collaborates, collaborates, collaborates
- Is always there to unblock people
- Protect its team and make it shine
- Is a hard worker
- Listen to understand
- Helps people evolve and grow
That makes me wonder:
- How looks like a team leaded by a leader like it?
- How does it feel to experience this type of leadership?
- What’s possible for a team when you have a leader that leads?
A team performs up to the capacity of its leader
I can tell, I have witnessed how this leader has been building a high performing team and how he has being able to kept them inspired to reach our highest potential. Is this your case? If so, congratulations! If is not the case, then think about what could you do to make that leader aware that its team has a limit and the limit comes from her/him.
My invitation is to lead your life with courage, determination and humbleness
I personally thank you for reading this article, I celebrate your courage and resilience.
Now that you know a little more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around you, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- Are you a leader?
- If so, how much the list of attributes mentioned above resonates with you?
- How could you do to become a greater leader, someone who has the greatest impact?
- What are you waiting for to be a better version of yourself and raise your game?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!