What was I thinking when I wrote this post?
It’s been 4 days since my family and I decided to voluntarily isolate yourself at home, and it has been a fantastic experience so far. That got me thinking about the unique perspective my child has about the world and how lucky my wife and I are to experience parenthood together with her.
What have I learned about parenthood recently?
I’m really enjoying being creative to keep my daughter busy having fun at home and at the same time being able to work remotely effectively. Here a list of new things we have started doing together to take advantage of the situation:
- We found a youtube channel for kids called Little Sports to spend time together exercising at home and for three days in a row my daughter is the one asking for it (we exercised 3 times together today).
- We are planning to set her a desk in the living room, so she could have a special place to draw, play, play with puzzles, and do whatever artistic activities meanwhile me and my wife are working.
- We will start a daily schedule for all three, to be able to share shores and keep ourselves busy, connected and having fun while staying at home.
That has made me wonder:
- How many different things could we do as parents to get the best out of parenthood?
- What an amazing opportunity to explore new things and have fun together with our daughter?
- How wonderful is to see her growing every single day while working?
- Would I be as enthusiastic as I am today within 20 days from now?
What if …..
- I embrace the joy of being a parent that fulfills my heart today to learn from it and discover new possibilities?
- We take this moment as a great opportunity to get closer to our child?
- We spend quality time together as a family and have fun through it?
My invitation is to acknowledge that we are lucky to experience parenthood
Now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- What other parents in your family are doing to bond with their kids?
- How could you be the best parent for your child?
- What actions are you taking to appreciate your wife/husband/companion/friend/partners efforts to be the best parent they could?
- What If I tell you that your children are the hands by which you take a hold of heaven? What would that mean to you and how life would be different?
Stay at home, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!