Working from home day count: 17
What brought me to write this post?
At the end of a virtual gathering today, all participants were asked to share what was our “Coup de coeur” and “coupe de maze”of the week. We did a round table so everyone could share its answer to the invitation. At a given moment of the conversation, a participant started sharing its thoughts, its voice faltered and suddenly started to cry. You could see on people’s eyes and their body language, how concerned they were about the other person state of mind, spirit and soul. We were all feeling that person’s pain like it was our own, you could see how much everyone cared. I could described, as a moment of great vulnerability and courage where that person opened it up and shared its feelings with the rest of us. Then, the most beautiful gesture of humanity emerged from the group, when by listening with intention and empathizing with the participant’s situation, we created a safety net for that person to speak its truth. What a beautiful moment. What a way to finish the week surrounded by people who really care about you.
That has made me wonder:
- How many times have I created a safety net for others to express their feelings?
- How great is to be surrounded by people who share my values and care about others around them
What if …
- We practice more listening with intention to those around us?
- We create safe spaces where we could be ourselves without any limits?
- We empathize more often?
My invitation is to be vulnerable, share our truth, be compassionate and emphatic with ourselves and those around us
Now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave, spreading love and reflect about the following questions:
- What do you do to be authentic?
- What do you do to empathize with others around you?
- What opportunities are you missing by not being vulnerable? What’s different when you open it up?
Please stay at home, take a deep breathe, try to relax, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!