Working from home week counter: 4 weeks + 3 days
Current Work Context: Coaching an IT Digital Workplace department of 12 people to embrace Lean/Agile practices to find ways to solve problems by continuously improving at what they do. The whole company is working from home too.
What brought me to write this post?
I witnessed a crucial conversation today between a group of co-workers. The topic of that conversation has been a recurrent matter, that has come often within the past 6 years, but never within a context where a deadly virus keeps continuously spreading around the world, 4 millions of Canadians found themselves without a job and the economy has been taking a hit like never before in history. Today, the context is different. Companies are trying their best to keep only crucial assets and let go of what’s not extremely essential to their survival, and everyone of us should clearly understand that not as a threat, but as the new reality.
All these elements have made me believe that what’s true, valid and valuable today, could be perceived like the end of an era tomorrow.
That makes me wonder:
- What would it take to humbly accept that we all need to adapt to this new reality and change our ways to live right now?
- What’s our plan to deal with a potential change that could put in hold our careers?
- What would I do if we were about to face the end of the Agile Coaching era?
What is present to me today?
- I have a family that supports me 100%, no matter what could happen.
- I have the drive to quickly inspect and adapt to this new reality, and find ways to continue being a crucial asset.
- I am enough and I know that changes are required to survive to the current lifestyle.
- We are going to be fine, if we take this opportunity as a new beginning.
My invitation is to transform the end into new beginnings
I personally thank you for reading this article, I celebrate your courage and resilience.
Now that you know a little more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around you, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- What needs change in your side?
- How are you adapting our new reality to survive?
- What’s the story you want to tell your grandchildren?
- How are you doing to transform the end of this era into new beginnings?
- What are you doing to be able to survive this Pandemic, as a professional and as a human being?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!