How am I experiencing uncertainty at this right moment?
- Like the rest of the world, I am doing my part respecting social distancing and staying at home.
- I am working remotely and I don’t know how long it would be like it.
- We have our five years old daughter at home, and for now it would be at least until May 4th.
- My family is doing there part too, nobody have got it but we never know.
What about others around me?
My wife Luisa is a Professional culinary photographer, another one of those types of jobs that have been highly impacted by COVID-19. As her work has stopped, she has started a new personal project that could be done for the upcoming months from home. I have been observing her for the past week, and I noticed her impressive capacity to surprise me with her ability to manage living under this type of circonstances, like she did when we were moving to Canada as immigrants. She displayed that attribute she has, her ability to cope with the situation by getting informed about our new country, city and neighborhood. Now she has been doing the same with COVID-19; she gets informed and keep us informed about the most important details we need to know regarding the Pandemia. Most importantly than anything else: she is being her most authentic self, and that gives us power to keep going.
My mom told me today during our daily video call, that she thought about Ana Frank this days. She said to me
Son, could you imagine at her time during the World War II, how she managed to deal with uncertainty? How hard it could have being to stay confined without the choices we have today? I can’t complain about my situation, my mom said.
Neither do I mom
My invitation is for you to seek for possibilities
I have still a lot to see, read, enjoy, create and I feel grateful for that, so now that you know a little bit more about myself, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave, spreading love to reflect about the following questions:
- How are you experiencing uncertainty today?
- How do you find possibilities under these circonstances?
- How many things you can do today, with all the resources we have at hand?
Stay at home, take a break to relax, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!