What brought me to write this post?
In a weekly management meeting this week, one of the topics discussed was employees’ mood and some signs of potential conflicts between team members that could be arising from Agile teams. The day after, the manager of the team I am helping as Agility Enabler, invited me to talk about our team’s mood and emotional state, and what I had observed so far. I invited Bob, the team’s manager, to have an open conversation with the team about the subject , and he did.
Today, we met with the team and Bob through the following questions:
- How do you feel given the current context?
- What about your mood, body and emotional state?
- Do you need help? If so, What could we do to support you?
Here is what emerged during the meeting:
- Bob won our hearts, just by taking the lead and showing that he cares about us.
- Some team members were able to share some personal issues openly with the team. They were courageous and showed vulnerability.
- People listened attentively, with kind, compassion and empathy to each other.
- People showed that we cared about each other’s lives.
- The meeting, originally planned to last 30 minutes, took up to 45 minutes.
That makes me realize that …
- I am blessed to be part of this group of kind and beautiful people
- It takes one act of kindness, humbleness and care to spread a wave of love around you.
- I am sure that the team will be stronger and more resilient than yesterday, just because of what happened during today’s meeting.
- I felt so good inside, to talk to each other, and be there, present to support our journey together.
My invitation is to be at our finest and continue taking care of each other
I personally thank you for reading this article, I celebrate your courage and resilience.
And now that you know a little more about me, I invite you to take a moment to look around, staying curious, being brave and spreading love and take a moment to reflect about the following questions:
- How do you take care of others these days?
- What do you do to inspire others to share their truth?
- What acts of human kindness have you seen around you?
- What’s different when we care about each other?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
We are incredibly better together, today more than ever!