What brought me to write this post?
Sunday’s are one of the greatest days of the week, just because we watch a Movie together in the comfort of our living room. Today we watched an amazing animated film called “Abominable”. Here is trailer to pick your curiosity:
About the movie: When teenage Yi (Chloe Bennet, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) encounters a young Yeti on the roof of her apartment building, she and her friends, Jin (Tenzing Norgay Trainor) and Peng (Albert Tsai), name him “Everest” and embark on an epic quest to reunite the magical creature with his family at the highest point on Earth.
But the trio of friends will have to stay one-step ahead of Burnish (Eddie Izzard), a wealthy man intent on capturing a Yeti, and zoologist Dr. Zara (Sarah Paulson) to help Everest get home.
What happened while watching the movie?
The movie brought tears to my eyes. We were amazed by the colors and the impressive quality (almost real) of the animation, especially the landscapes from China were breathtaking. Yi’s journey is inspiring and got me to think about the importance of love, friends and the long lasting power of family. There is also her courage to follow her intuition and end up living her traveling dream.
I learned that …
- Watching Yi playing the violin and spreading love through music, resonated with how I feel when singing and dancing.
- The importance of enjoying the journey and setting your mind to something big.
- Some day, I will bring my family to see the Leshan Giant Buddha
- Travel makes me feel alive, and this movie is an apology to the wonder of traveling.
- Love could transform everything.
My invitation is to set your mind into something and you will do it
Here some reflections I have for you today:
- What is that project/idea that is waiting for you to set your mind into?
- How much do you enjoy traveling?
- What movie makes you believe that everything is possible?
- What is holding you back to follow your dreams? What if you follow that Yeti? What would happen?
Please stay at home, take a deep breath, keep yourself safe, and remember that:
No matter what happens, I strongly believe that we are incredibly better together!