Sense, observe, fell, acknowledge, connect, serve, help, listen, understand and facilitate; words that are present in my daily work as an Agile Coach/Scrum Master. I consider my work to be art; the art of interconnecting people by helping them to interact and by creating safe environments to allow collaboration. How do you measure that? How to explain, that you have hired self-called “evangelists” to lead your product/service development? What do those guys do during the whole day? It seems that they are just talking here and there, walking around without doing anything valuable, any more than carrying on with their colorful post-its and toys.
I have created a chart to explain what guys like me are doing when acting as Agile Coaches/Scrum Masters, and why, in my opinion, organizations need to keep them well paid, trained, motivated and happy most of the time.
I consider the Agile Coach/Scrum Master as a fundamental role in any organization that is willing to survive in the current world conditions. Courageous organizations who understand that agility means reflected transformation, and that their people are growing, and that all of these, require time, work and full time dedication. People to help people improve and overcome through complex and extremely difficult continuing change.
- I believe what I do for a living is more than just a job; it is a way to keep the ‘gears’ of the world interconnected by creating the required balance between speed and craziness.
- I believe in high quality facilitation in order to help people listen to each other.
- I believe that Agile Coaches/Scrum Masters are the hub that is connecting us with a better, more peaceful and greater world.
- I believe that I can dream; inspire people to dream, and make their dreams come true.
- I believe in you, and I truly encourage you to trust your instincts and believe in the power that you have in you.
- I believe in a world that understands that it requires help for growth.
What do you believe?
Don’t stop believing!!
Thank you for reading,